Do You Need Aluminum Alloy Die Castings Services?
Morning Star Machining Providing quality services of Aluminum Alloy Die Castings for the complex Machined Parts.
Ready to provide a free quotes.
ALUMINUM ALLOY DIE CASTINGS
Aluminum die casting alloys are lightweight and acquire high dimensional balance for complex Machined parts. Aluminum resists better impervious and natural properties as well as intense heat and electrical expansivity, putting through a suitable alloy for die casting.
AT Present, the Following is the industrial application Series of the Aluminum Casting Alloys Mechanical Behavior:
The Refinement of the mechanical properties of Aluminum Alloy Die Castings is regularly maintained by the reduction of Aluminum casting process performance and Aluminum pressure casting because of its high-pressure quick solidification mechanical properties makes this contradiction in some angles more prominent, so the standard die-casting aluminum is tough to solid solution heat treatment, which decreases the improvement of mechanical properties of
- Aluminum Alloy Die Castings
- Oxygen filled die casting
- Vacuum die casting
Aluminum Alloy Die Castings
Most Die Castings are manufactured from Aluminum Alloys, and several alloys are used for the die-casting aluminum. Here we will start with common types of Aluminum Die Casting Alloys, as well as A380, A360, and A383, and their properties and composition to get the better Aluminum Alloy for Die Castings.
Types of Common Aluminum Alloy Die Castings
Aluminum Alloy Die Castings consists of manganese, zinc, copper, silicon, iron, and magnesium. Each workpiece has a unique effect and impact on the properties of the alloy. The working with aluminum, you must choose the type of aluminum alloy to use in Die casting.
Best Aluminum Alloys for Die Castings
Aluminum Alloys (A360(ANSI/AA A360.0):
- Higher Corrosion Resistance
- Greater Strength at elevated temperatures
- Great Ductility
- Outstanding Pressure Tightness
- High-level Fluidity
(A360) is One of the best Aluminum Alloy Die castings processes but is relatively complicated to cast.
Aluminum Alloys (A380(ANSI/AA A380.0):
Alloy A380 has an average machining feature and is the most common die-cast aluminum. It’s commonly used in electronics, communications equipment, Oil and Gas, Elevators, Home Appliances, Turbo Car systems, Gun Accessories, and other parts for the field of Agriculture, Optics, Electrical Engineering, Military, Food, and Other Industries.
A380 offers Fast Production, excellent properties, and the following alloy displays:
- Excellent Fluidity
- Light Weight
- Resistance to Corrosion and Hot Cracking
- Pressure Tightness
- Dimensional Stability
High Strength at High Temperatures and High Electrical Conductivity
Aluminum Alloys (A383(ANSI/AA A383.0):
Everyone knows that A380 is the most popular alloy for aluminum die casting, but we can use the A383 alternative to A380 for intricate components demanding specific die-filling performance. It has enhanced die-casting and mechanical properties.
Vacuum Die Casting involves discharging gas of Mold Cavity using a Vacuum. When melted, metal fills at high speed and escalates pressure. A vacuum is the most operative method to remove gas from the mold’s cavity through a vacuum valve.
Vacuum Die Casting (VDC) Characteristics
The “Vacuum Die Casting” characteristics generally imply achieving vacuum pressures of 100 Millibar or less. This process makes the die-cast Heat Treatable, High adaptable, and weldable for the structural chassis components and body parts for Transportation and other commercial industries products.
Advantages of Vacuum Die Casting
- It is significantly reduced, and no chance of Porosity in Casting Parts.
- Its Die Casting Elements to show better static, mechanical, and dynamic properties than the standard die casting components.
- Molten Metal ultimately spreads in the cavity, and it helps us in the surface of the parts finishing.
- Vacuum Carting parts are appropriate for heat Treatment because of no gas pores in the elements.
- The Parts Manufactured by Vacuum Die Casting are free of faults like sores and Frozen Shuts, so the parts are weighty and have high intensity.
Oxygen-Filled Die-Casting Process
Oxygen Filled Die Casting Can be applied or Used for Aluminum, Magnesium, and Zinc Alloys that alter with Oxygen. We can produce a collection of Aluminum Alloy Castings with the help of Oxygen Filled Die Casting process, Such as:
- Hydraulic transmission housing
- Heat exchangers for heaters
- Hydraulic transmission valve body
- Computer brackets
For the Heat Treatment process or Group Welding, requiring high gas tightness and higher temperature in Die Casting, Oxygen Filled Die Casting has economic and technical Advantages.
The Metal Should be Filled in a diffuse jet during the filling process. The Sprue size also impacts the effect of Oxygen Die Casting; the exact sprue size can meet the metal liquid to the turbulent flow shape filled with the mold, but also need to control the metal liquid temperature drop too slow.
Semi-Solid Die-Casting Process
Semi-Solid Die Casting Technology is Commonly known as Semi-Solid Metal (SSM) Casting. Semi-Solid Die Casting is the latest method that combines liquid casting and Solid Metal Forging. This process manufactures metal products with excellent mechanical properties and nearness shapes.
Semi-solid-die-casting technology is in the liquid metal solidification when mixing, in a specific cooling rate to obtain about 50% or even higher solid-phase components of the slurry, and then use the slurry for die-casting technology.
Semi-solid die-casting technology currently has four forming processes:
- Rheological forming process
- Thixotropic forming process
The Forming process of semi-solid die casting is the effective production of semi-solid alloy slurry, accurate control of the proportion of solid-liquid elements, and the research and development of automatic control of the semi-solid forming process.
U.S. scientists believe following technologies need to be actively Developed:
- With self-adaptive, flexible bar transport.
- Precision die-casting lubrication and maintenance.
- Controlled casting cooling system.
- Plasma degassing and processing.
Electromagnetic Pump Low-Pressure Casting Process
Low-Pressure Die Casting is an overall process commonly used in metalworks today. It reduces turbulence and slowly Fills the Dies with Molten Metal. This process typically helps to produce Automotive Applications that include Wheels, Steering, Suspension, and other Engine Components.
Electromagnetic Pump Low-Pressure casting is the latest emerging process compared with Low-Pressure Gas Casting Technology, and Its terms of pressurizations are unique.
Electromagnetic Pump Low-Pressure Technology Adopts non-contact electromagnetic force to directly act upon the molten metal, which helps reduce the oxidation and aspiration caused by unclean compressed air and increases the pressure of oxygen in the compressed air. This process also allows us to prevent secondary pollution caused by turbulent flow and realizes Aluminum liquid’s smooth transportation and filling.
Electromagnetic Pump Low-Pressure Casting System works with digital computer control, and process implementation is highly accurate and repeatable.
Aluminum Alloy Casting Advantages:
- Terms of yield
- Mechanical properties
- Surface quality
- Metal utilization rate
In recent years, China has developed and improved die casting equipment quality through machine development and design levels.
- Technical Parameters Improvement
- Add Performance Indicators
- Mechanical Structure Improvement
- Different Degrees Manufacturing
Especially the Cold Chamber Die Casting Machine, with the original complete hydraulic closing system to the curved elbow type closing mechanism, improved the following.
- Automatic loading
- Automatic spraying
- Automatic pick-up
- Automatic cutting material edge
Electrical Machines are also modified from manual power control to digital control. Digital Control level is significantly enhanced, and quality of use meets the international level on a too large scale.
Hong Kong Li Jinn company represents the new Domestic Die Casting Machine Enterprises, and The Company developed multiple types of leading domestic Die-Casting Machines.
- Let’s explain it with Examples, Horizontal Cold Chamber Die Casting machines had a maximum Injection Speed of 6m/s in 1997, and they improved to 8m/s early in 2000.
- Magnesium Alloy Hot Chamber Die Casting Machine was developed in early 2000. It Improved the Injection System in 2002; the Empty Die Casting Maximum Speed was 10m/s, and Multistage Die Casting System was Introduced in June 2004.
- Realtime Control Die Casting System was Introduced in August 2004, and a Large Die Casting Machine with 30000kN Clamping Force was Introduced in Mid of 2004.
The small and medium-sized die-casting machine is still dominated by domestic Equipment. The gap between domestic die-casting machines and foreign advanced die-casting Equipment is mainly in the following aspects:
Domestic Equipment now dominates medium and Small Sized Die Casting Machines. The Difference between Domestic Die Casting machines and Foreign Advanced Die Casting Equipment is primarily in the following characteristics:
- The overall structure design backward
- Serious oil leakage
- Poor reliability:The highly famous fault of a domestic die-casting machine is the average trouble-free operational working time of fewer than 3000 hours, even a smaller amount than the level of foreign 50s and 60s. And foreign countries generally operate for more than 20000 hours.
- Variety requirements are not fulfilled, andsupporting capacity is poor.
Even though the Horizontal Cold Chamber Die Casting Machine has turned into a series, there are even individual issues, such as from 16000kN to 28000kN between no products. The hot chamber die-casting machine also lacks 4000kN directly above the product.
The development of die-casting mold core material selection is 45? Cast Steel and forged steel, etc. Because its high-temperature effect is poor, the service life is also shorter.
With the advancement of Technology and Science, die core material has also significantly improved; now, the industries are using high temperature, high strength, and hot forging steel as the core material.
Especially in recent years, Many Domestic Level Workshops have adopted simulation filling and digital computer design technology to increase die production quality and reduce production time.
China’s mold industry is developing speedily; from 1996 to 2004, the average annual growth rate of 14% in mold production and 2003 die-casting mold production profit for the year 3.8 billion ¥ (YUAN).
For Now, China’s Local Mold production rate is only about 80% of the Market Requirement. Mold Quality and Production Volume are not as per the national economic development needs.
Research and Development Teams focus on the consumption of Automobile accessories and Motorcycle Industries. Because the Ancillary products provide a large Market for die Casting production Automotive Applications will also rapidly expand in Aluminum Alloy Die Casting.
In coming years, The Research and Development Team should further solve the following problems to meet the market demands:
- Enhance the quick response to the market, the implementation of parallel engineering(CE) and rapid prototyping technology (RPM).
- Research and development ofCAE/CAD/CAM systems.
- Research and develop more die-casting aluminum alloy auto parts.
- The development of stable performance, easy to control the makeup of die-casting aluminum alloy.
- Simplify the structure of the alloy, and reduce the number of alloy grades, to provide the basis for green production.
Promote the application of new high intensity, high wear resistance of die-casting alloy, research can be colored die-casting alloy and for special security requirements of the casting and other aspects of the new die-casting alloy.